PUMA needed support for one of their most successful sneakers to-date: the PUMA Suede. JD had agreed to take on two unique Suede colour ways which would form the focal point of a campaign. Our job was to create an integrated campaign that would help take PUMA Suede to market.
Our insights showed there was a trend around consumers sharing a look with the world via social media. Based on this, and the fact that we had a shoe that was so versatile, we created create a mechanic that allowed JD’s customers to express their look across existing social channels. The outcome was a microsite: “Express Your Look”
As an ambassador for the campaign, we chose Jamal Edward – someone who was already working with PUMA on various projects and who is one of the youngest entrepreneurs in the UK: a man with natural style.
The main incentive driving the campaign was a competition to win a £500 shopping spree with Jamal in JD for the ‘look’ on the microsite with the highest voted likes.
To ensure we had the biggest impact we could, we applied an Inbound Marketing model. We used several digital marketing channels to drive traffic to the microsite including PUMA’s social outposts, their ambassadors, JD’s email database and website and a small amount of paid advertising.
- A microsite which collated entries from multiple sources together, and pulled and filtered images from Instagram and Twitter
- Developing the site to have direct uploads, voting and a gallery
- A photo-shoot with Jamal Edards
- A film in which Jamal tells the world about his opportunity
- A tactical marketing plan and campaign flow to co-ordinate activity across PR agencies, JD and PUMA.
- Campaign assets and POS
- Monitoring of the entire campaign
- Management of the competition and prize delivery
- A Behind The Scenes video of the photoshoot
- A film of the winners’ day with Jamal